Today is my (gulp) 35th birthday! Macy has enjoyed telling me all day long that I am half of 70. That makes 35 sound even older.
I decided that since today is my 35th birthday, I would share 35 random (and probably very boring) things about me, with a few pictures thrown in, because you know I love pictures *Ü*
Okay, here goes!
(me at 3 years old)
1. My middle name by birth is Renee (with a little apostrophe above the middle of the two e's). I use my maiden name Hollis for my middle name now that I am married.
2. I was diagnosed with a heart murmur at the age of 5. It healed itself over time.
3. I got lost at an MSU basketball game once when I was little.
4. I ended up having to go to the emergency room in the middle of my 10th Mexican fiesta birthday party because I got hit in the head with a baseball bat while busting a pinata. Which is why I don't do pinatas at my girls' birthday parties. They make me extremely nervous.
6. I am the middle child. I have a brother 18 months older than me and a sister 4 years younger than me.
7. I pop my knuckles.
8. I am very obsessive compulsive. I was hoping that would get better with age, but I am afraid it is getting worse!
9. I have a fear of crowds. It does keep me from going places at times. No Black Friday shopping for me...no mam.
11. I took piano lessons from 2nd grade until I was a senior in highschool.
12. I took violin lessons from the age of 5 until I was 12.
16. When Jason and I got married, I seriously didn't know how to boil water. My brother wrote down the directions and gave them to me.
(my sister and me at Gulf Shores)
17. I used to clean house on roller blades.
18. I had my tonsils taken out when I was in the 11th grade. My brother picked me up from the hospital in my grandmother's 1970 something booger green car. I had the easiest time after that surgery (sorry, I know some people have a really tough time after it) and went to school the very next day.
19. I was a cheerleader in highschool.
20. I talk loud.
(me in 2nd grade)
21. My handwriting appears to be neat, but it is often very hard to read.
22. I love to iron.
23. I love rain.
24. I loved the Babysitter's Club books and anything by Beverly Clearly growing up. I read ALL of the time.
(4th grade...the year of the bangs)
25. I have a degree in accounting.
26. I am natually blond. I have never once had my hair colored.
27. I am obsessed with weather...my dream job would be to be the weather girl on t.v.
28. I have worn glasses since I was in the 2nd grade, but got contacts in the 7th grade. My vision without glasses or contacts is extremely bad. Jason has terrible vision as well...his contacts are like negative 3 point something power...mine are negative 9.5 power...that tells you how bad my eyes are!
(6th grade...we tamed the bangs a little)
29. I have a very acute sense of smell.
30. I have worn Victoria's Secret "Love Spell" body lotion for almost 12 years. I will be so sad if they ever discontinue it! I have been told so many times by people that they could smell me coming.
31. I went to the same school from kindergarten to 12th grade.
32. I do not like water chestnuts.
33. I was a Girl Scout growing up. Ever seen the movie "Troop Beverly Hills?" My Girl Scout troup was a lot like that. We were troup # 216. I was the top seller in my county for selling the most boxes of cookies one year. I can still recite the girl scout promise..."On my honor I will try to serve God, my country, mankind, and to live by the Girl Scout law."
34. I love fall.
35. I still carry my (almost) 7 year old when she wants me to. I can't tell her no when she throws her arms up.
There...35 random things about me. I probably just totally bored you!!
I've had the best day. I love when birthdays fall on Saturdays. Jason has been itching to get in our garage and clean out, so we spent my birthday doing that. It was so nice to get it done.
I got the sweetest cards in the mail and lots of texts...thank you! I even got a chocolate pie (thank you, Mrs. Kay!)...
Every year on my birthday, Jason tells me to pick anywhere I want to go eat. And every year, I pick Oby's in Starkville. It's my favorite place ever!
Another random thing about me is that I have a thing for even numbers. I always feel a bit "off" in my odd number years. BUT, I like multiples of 5's too, so I am okay with being 35. I guess I am good until my 37th birthday!
Hope ya'll have had a great weekend!